Commitment to Diversity and Equity
At UOW Enterprises we are committed to providing high quality education with a vision to be a leading global education provider delivering transformative student experiences. At the forefront of this commitment is UOW Enterprises’ strong culture of diversity and equity, based on our values and also the principles of fairness, inclusiveness, and respect.
Our commitment to gender equality has been externally recognised with our Australian-based operation achieving the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency since 2002.
Our people value working in an organisation where differences are respected because it means they can bring individuality and a rich variety of experiences to do their best work. We also know that diversity and equity helps us to improve business results, enhance our reputation, and enhance productivity and innovation.
The Board of Directors and Managing Director & Group CEO continually demonstrate and reaffirm our commitment to diversity and equity in the workplace.
This is fulfilled by:
– Fostering a culture which values and responds to the rich diversity of our staff
– Providing equal opportunity by removing barriers to participation and progression in employment
– Implementing initiatives which aim to promote inclusiveness and address imbalances in all aspects of employment including recruitment, promotion, development, reward and recognition
– Promoting clear and accountable policies and practices to engender trust between managers and staff
– Ensuring that staff are aware of their rights and their responsibilities
Specific areas of focus across our organisation includes leadership and accountability, composition of the workforce and leadership roles, pay equity, flexible working arrangements, and consultation with staff including a Diversity and Equity Committee.
Diversity and equity is an important strategic priority for our organisation as we recognise that it takes exceptional individuals with different talents and perspectives to continue to deliver high quality education to more people in innovative ways.